The Baobab Tree is often referred to as the “Tree Of Life” as its bark, leaves, fruit, seeds and even roots have all been used for generations, either as a valuable source of food or as a traditional medicine.
The leaves, especially when young, are used in a similar way to spinach, or can be dried, powdered and used in soups. However, the pulp of the baobab fruit is the most important resource.
Preparation of the baobab powder is a simple process. The pods are cracked open, and the pulp mechanically separated from seeds and shell. The pulp is then milled to produce a fine powder. The lack of moisture is key to this minimal production process – drying with high temperature is not required, making the baobab powder a ‘raw’ product.
Baobab Powder has a subtle tangy citrus ‑flavour. The combination of citrus and the powder-like texture make it a little reminiscent of sherbet – but without the added sugar.
Use Baobab Powder to add body and flavour to your smoothies, desserts and cereals.
100% Organic Baobab Powder
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Naturally free from gluten and wheat.
No artificial colours, preservatives, sweeteners or fillers.
Add around one teaspoon to yogurt, cereals, smoothies or desserts.
- Vitamin C contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological functions
- Vitamin C contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Vitamin C contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin C contributes to the maintenance of the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin C contributes to the protection of DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative damage
- Iron contributes to normal cognitive function
- Iron contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Iron contributes to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Iron contributes to normal oxygen transport in the body
- Iron contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Iron contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Iron has a role in the process of cell division
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Refrigeration is not required.